Breast Augmentation in NJ
Dr. Gordon Kaplan is the best breast augmentation surgeon in NJ. Find breast augmentation answers and see results from one of the top rated New Jersey surgeons.
Board Certified plastic surgeon Dr. Gordon Kaplan, specializes in breast augmentation in NJ. Breast augmentation is clinically referred to as augmentation mammaplasty. Whether your goal is to restore lost volume after pregnancy, correct asymmetries, or simply feel more confident in clothing or swimwear, Dr. Kaplan is committed to providing his New Jersey patients with natural results that flatter your body with breast augmentation procedures.
The Benefits of a Breast augmentation:
- Increase fullness and projection of your breasts
- Improve the aesthetic balance and proportions of your figure
- Enhance your self-image and self-confidence
Ideal Candidates in New Jersey for a Breast Augmentation:
- Has aesthetic goals that breast augmentation can meet
- Is 18 or older (22 or older for silicone gel breast implants)
- Is in good general health
- Is prepared to make an informed decision
- Can afford the procedure
NOT an Ideal Candidate:
- Has an active infection anywhere in the body
- Existing cancer or pre-cancer who has not received adequate treatment for those conditions
- Currently pregnant or breast-feeding.
Other physical and emotional factors can also affect your individual breast augmentation procedure, recovery and final result. Always consult with a certified surgeon to discuss all of the factors. Call Dr. Kaplan today at (201) 948-5475 to learn more about this procedure in NJ.
Best Age for Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentation procedures have reached many advancements in recent years. Women have been provided with more options to choose from, knowledge to obtain on each type of surgery, and factors to consider. Common reasons for women in NJ between the ages of 18-22 is they are looking to create a fuller, curvier appearance to boost their self-esteem. Women in their mid-twenties to thirties (generally after a pregnancy or other life change), begin to notice their breasts are no longer as perky or shapely as they once were. Older woman simply are addressing the issue of gravity that comes with the aging process, as they are searching for resolve that can keep them feeling youthful. It is easy to understand the common causes that initiate your interest in the procedures, but the signs to focus on which age is right with always be directly related to your own situation.
Dr. Kaplan’s Approach to Breast Augmentation
Your breast augmentation procedure should be comfortable, safe, and rewarding from start to finish. To do this, Dr. Kaplan makes himself available to you throughout the entire process to answer any questions or concerns you may have. Our plastic surgery center in NK offers a progressive approach to pain management, providing our patients in Hoboken with pain medication and anti-inflammatory medication the day before surgery to minimize discomfort.
What to Expect
Most breast augmentation procedures are performed under general anesthesia. An incision is usually made in the inframmary crease (the folder under the breast) or within the Areola, depending on preoperative breast shape and size. The implant will either be placed above or below the muscle depending on preoperative examination. We will discuss with you the exact steps in great detail to ensure your level of comfort and knowledge about the procedure.
Questions to Ask Yourself
- Are my breasts fully developed?
- Do I plan on having any children or more children?
- Do I plan on breast-feeding?
- Am I in good health?
- Am I doing this for the right reasons? Good mental stability?
- Are my expectations real?
- Can I afford this?
- Is this the right time of my life?
- Can I take off work or have any scheduling issues that may interfere with my recovery?
- Have a consulted with a professional, certified plastic surgeon?
- Have I learned all about the options out there and asked all of the questions concerning the different materials and procedures?
Some swelling, bruising, or soreness is typical after surgery but will decline over several days. Dr. Kaplan’s gentle surgical techniques, will allow you able to resume your normal daily activities in about a week. More strenuous exercise or heavy lifting should be avoided for up to 4 to 6 weeks.
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about breast augmentation procedure in NJ. Request a consultation online or call The Kaplan Center at (201) 948-5475 to discuss your options.