What is a Body Lift?
A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Dr. Gordon Kaplan specializes in body lift procedures for his patients in NJ. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed to treat conditions caused in part by poor tissue elasticity. In addition, the procedure(s) can improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface, commonly known as cellulite.
A Body Lift May Include:
- Abdominal area, locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks, that may be low, flat, or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into the inner thigh
- Thigh, including the inner, outer, or posterior thigh, or circumferentially
Possible Causes for Needing a Body Lift
- Sun damage
- Significant fluctuations in weight
- Genetic factors contributing to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Ideal Body Lift Candidates in NJ May Include:
- Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery '
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can accomplish '
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness
Non Ideal Body Lift Candidates
Body Lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours. In cases where skin elasticity is poor, a combination of liposuction and body lift techniques may be recommended.
"I would like to thank Kaplan center, and I would like to say nurse crystina is very good at her profession she did a great job!!! Hands down!! She made me feel really comfortable and she listened and did a beautiful job. I am 47 I had huge eye bags which was very noticeable and nurse crystina gave me restlyn eye filler and now my eye bags are gone and since I left the Kaplan center I have been getting plenty of compliments so I am very happy with her easthetic skills and I would most definitely recommend her. Thanks nurse crystina.😊😊😊"- N.C. / Google / Sep 15, 2021
"Amazing staff! Always friendly and positive. Nurse Crystina does a phenomenal job on my lips, I always walk out obsessed!!! Will stay coming back!"- A.K. / Google / Sep 14, 2021
"I decided to give this office a try for my Botox as I have not been here before and it’s close to home. My experience was perfect! Nurse Crystina is so thorough and great at what she does, as well as being so sweet. I am happy to have found her, and looking forward to our future appointments. Every employee who I interacted with were also very kind and helpful. I highly recommend!"- R.S. / Google / Sep 08, 2021
"Very friendly staff. Dr. Gordon Kaplan is professional, kind, caring and knowledgeable. I have been his patient for seven years and have received Botox, fillers and thread treatments. I have always had amazing results. I continue to see him even though I moved three hours away from his office 4 years ago. It’s worth the trip, because I know I am in safe hands. I never thought that I would be comfortable having any surgical procedure on my face. However, I have so much confidence in Dr.Kaplan that I am having upper and lower eyelid blespharoplasty done in a couple of weeks. Thank you Dr.Kaplan and staff."- T.S. / Google / Sep 01, 2021
"Great staff, courteous, very nice and professional. Dr Kaplan is a wonderful, board-certified doctor who is all about enhancing your natural beauty and works with you so you feel comfortable. I highly recommend Dr Kaplan and his staff!"- I.T. / Facebook / Sep 01, 2021
The Body Lift Procedure
A Body lift procedure is designed based on the certain target areas. This can be considered a full body makeover as it you consult Dr. Kaplan on your reconstructive expectations at his offices conveniently located in New Jersey. The general steps to each procedure include the following:
- Step 1- Anesthesia: Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Dr. Kaplan will recommend the best choice for you.
- Step 2- The Incision: One common technique of complete lower body lift uses incisions similar to a bikini pattern to tighten the abdomen, groin, waist, thigh and buttock in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and repositions and tightens tissues. A combination of liposuction and surgical body lifts may be necessary to achieve an improved contour.
- Step 3- Closing Incision: Deep support sutures within underlying tissues help to form the newly shaped contours. Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes, or clips close the skin incisions.
- Step 4- Optimal Results: Results are often immediate but in various cases do not fully develop for up to a year.
Body Lift Recovery
During your body lift surgery recovery, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is complete. Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood that may collect.
You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for your surgical site(s) following surgery, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, how to care for your drains, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
If you experience shortness of breath, chest pains, or unusual heart beats, seek medical attention immediately. Should any of these complications occur, you may require hospitalization and additional treatment.
Body Lift at The Kaplan Center in NY and NJ
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the Body Lift treatment. As a premier cosmetic surgery and aesthetic treatment facility in New York and New Jersey, we are well-prepared to serve your Body Lift needs. To learn more about a Body Lift treatment with The Kaplan Center or to request a consultation at our New York City or Edgewater, please call our office or Contact Us to discuss your options.