What is a Body Lift?
A body lift improves the shape and tone of the underlying tissue that supports fat and skin. Dr. Gordon Kaplan specializes in body lift procedures for his patients in NJ. Excess sagging fat and skin are removed to treat conditions caused in part by poor tissue elasticity. In addition, the procedure(s) can improve a dimpled, irregular skin surface, commonly known as cellulite.
A Body Lift May Include:
- Abdominal area, locally or extending around the sides and into the lower back area
- Buttocks, that may be low, flat, or shaped unevenly
- Groin that may sag into the inner thigh
- Thigh, including the inner, outer, or posterior thigh, or circumferentially
Possible Causes for Needing a Body Lift
- Sun damage
- Significant fluctuations in weight
- Genetic factors contributing to poor tissue elasticity that can result in sagging of the abdomen, buttocks and thighs.
Ideal Body Lift Candidates in NJ May Include:
- Individuals with significant soft tissue looseness in one or multiple body areas
- Healthy individuals without medical conditions that impair healing or increase risk of surgery '
- Individuals with a positive outlook and realistic goals for what body lift surgery can accomplish '
- Individuals committed to leading a healthy lifestyle with proper nutrition and fitness
Non Ideal Body Lift Candidates
Body Lifts are not intended strictly for the removal of excess fat. Liposuction alone can remove excess fat deposits where skin has good elasticity and is able to naturally conform to new body contours. In cases where skin elasticity is poor, a combination of liposuction and body lift techniques may be recommended.
"Dr. Kaplan changed my life. He is a doctor who cares and is compassionate! He is not only a MD he is an artist. He had done liposuction to my abdomen, back and flanks. He is great, the staff is super friendly and accommodating- I would give 10 stars if I could! This was new to me and everyone was so helpful! I also had my lips plumped by Nurse Christina- great work - doctor Kaplan and staff are the best!"- M.B. / Google / Jul 30, 2021
"Dr Kaplan and his staff are amazing! I travel an hour and a half from south Jersey to see him and it is well worth the drive! They are friendly, helpful, and always make me feel comfortable and I walk out feeling better than when I arrived. Dr Kaplan is more than a Dr. He is an artist and he takes his time to make sure every detail and angle and the overall look of my face is improved with the injectable procedures I have had including facial and nasolabial enhancements. I am planning to move out of state soon and will definitely plan to travel even further to see him again if needed in the future!"- L.S. / Google / Jul 23, 2021
"Fantastic atmosphere, laidback yet professional! Nurse Crystina makes you feel super at ease, and gives great input! Highly reccomend!"- J.L. / Google / Jun 29, 2021
"I highly recommend Dr. Kaplan. He is very professional and knowledgeable. He evaluates my face, and took his time explaining everything to me. Also the Nurse Asistent was amazing! I’m very happy to have picked The Kaplan Center!"- E.H. / Google / Jun 25, 2021
"Came in with a Groupon! Treated me like a regular customer. The staff was very attentive. I like Dr. Kaplan, pretty cool guy. Understood what I wanted and I liked chatting with him. Llama Inn. Don’t forget to bring the Mrs. there for an amazing experience."- P.A. / Google / Jun 25, 2021
The Body Lift Procedure
A Body lift procedure is designed based on the certain target areas. This can be considered a full body makeover as it you consult Dr. Kaplan on your reconstructive expectations at his offices conveniently located in New Jersey. The general steps to each procedure include the following:
- Step 1- Anesthesia: Medications are administered for your comfort during the surgical procedure. The choices include intravenous sedation and general anesthesia. Dr. Kaplan will recommend the best choice for you.
- Step 2- The Incision: One common technique of complete lower body lift uses incisions similar to a bikini pattern to tighten the abdomen, groin, waist, thigh and buttock in one procedure. A circumferential incision around the body removes an apron of excess skin and fat and repositions and tightens tissues. A combination of liposuction and surgical body lifts may be necessary to achieve an improved contour.
- Step 3- Closing Incision: Deep support sutures within underlying tissues help to form the newly shaped contours. Sutures, skin adhesives, tapes, or clips close the skin incisions.
- Step 4- Optimal Results: Results are often immediate but in various cases do not fully develop for up to a year.
Body Lift Recovery
During your body lift surgery recovery, dressings or bandages will be applied to the incisions after the procedure is complete. Small, thin tubes may be temporarily placed under the skin to drain any excess blood that may collect.
You will be given specific instructions that may include how to care for your surgical site(s) following surgery, medications to apply or take orally to aid healing and reduce the risk of infection, specific concerns to look for at the surgical site or in your general health, how to care for your drains, and when to follow up with your plastic surgeon.
If you experience shortness of breath, chest pains, or unusual heart beats, seek medical attention immediately. Should any of these complications occur, you may require hospitalization and additional treatment.
Body Lift at The Kaplan Center in NY and NJ
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the Body Lift treatment. As a premier cosmetic surgery and aesthetic treatment facility in New York and New Jersey, we are well-prepared to serve your Body Lift needs. To learn more about a Body Lift treatment with The Kaplan Center or to request a consultation at our New York City or Edgewater, please call our office or Contact Us to discuss your options.