ABOUT BOTOX COSMETIC
Botox® has become the number one requested and preferred non-invasive, non-surgical treatment worldwide. Commonly used to correct facial expression lines and creases around the eyes. Botox is a medication that is injected into facial muscles that are responsible for one’s aged and tired appearance, natural appearance. It works by blocking nerve impulses to the injected muscles. This reduces muscle activity that causes moderate to severe lines to form between the eyebrows. Dr. Gordon Kaplan specializes in Botox injection treatments for his patients in NJ. The lines between your eyebrows, called the Glabellar Lines, or the”11s” may make you look tired or unapproachable. With real, noticeable results, no surgery, and no recovery time. Botox Cosmetic is commonly chosen to revive a tired appearance and retain the look of youthful vitality. Dr. Kaplan uses Botox® to reverse the appearance of the aging, tired face by signs of fatigue and reduce the look of facial lines and creases. Obtaining a natural expression requires the expertise of a skilled professional such as Dr. Kaplan.
At The Kaplan Center our goal is to help you look and feel beautiful. For some people, this requires a very subtle enhancement; for others, a more dramatic change is needed. Your optimal results are important to us. Our board-certified physicians will go over with you in great detail the steps of the treatment and realistic expectations that will allow you to make an informed decision and achieve your desired look.
Watch the video below from Dr. Kaplan and Botox injector specialist as they answer questions about Botox injection treatments for patients in NJ.
Botulinum toxin injections (Botox) block certain chemical signals from nerves, mostly signals that cause muscles to contract. The most common use of these injections is to temporarily relax the facial muscles that underlie and cause wrinkles, such as:
- Frown lines between the eyebrows
- Crow’s-feet, the lines that fan out from the corners of the eyes
- Forehead furrows, the horizontal lines that form when you raise your eyebrows
In addition to these cosmetic procedures, which simply improve your appearance, botulinum toxin injections have also been used to treat conditions that affect how your body functions. Examples include:
- Cervical dystonia. In this painful condition, your neck muscles contract involuntarily causing your head to twist or turn into an uncomfortable position.
- Lazy eye. The most common cause of lazy eye is an imbalance in the muscles responsible for positioning the eye. This can result in crossed eyes.
- Muscle contractures. Some neurological conditions, such as cerebral palsy, can cause your limbs to pull in toward your center. In some cases, these contracted muscles can be relaxed with botulinum toxin injections.
- Hyperhidrosis. In this condition, excessive sweating occurs even when the temperature isn’t hot and you’re not exercising. In some people, the sweat literally drips off their hands.
- Chronic migraine. If you experience migraines more than 15 days a month, botulinum toxin injections may help reduce headache frequency.
- Bladder dysfunction. Botulinum toxin injections can also help reduce urinary incontinence caused by an overactive bladder. To view real results of some our Botox® patients, visit our Before and After section.
What to Expect
To prevent bruising, alcohol and anti-inflammatory medications, such as Aspirin, Advil, Motrin, and Aleve should be avoided for 12 days prior to injection. Botox® injections are usually pain free. However, if requested, numbing medication can be applied. A very fine needle is used to inject small amounts of Botox® into the appropriate muscles.. The procedure typically takes only a few minutes and very minimal discomfort is experienced. It is recommended that the head remain elevated for 4 hours after injections, and that physical activity should be avoided for 24 hours.
Typically, patients in NJ return to daily activity immediately after their Botox injections treatment. Some people may experience slight bruising, redness, or puffiness at the injection site. These side effects are minor and should dissipate over the next few days.
Enhancing Your Look
Botox has been used for common cosmetic practice and has a long history of use for medical conditions – such as the treatment of muscle spasms and neurological disorders. Millions of people have had BOTOX injections with very few complications.
Botox® is often enhanced with other injectable treatments such as Radiesse (mid-face and cheek bone volume enhancement) Juvéderm (lip plumping and vertical lip lines).
This is not a permanent treatment. Typically, every 3-6 months, a follow-up treatment is recommended for Botox injection treatment patients in NJ. However, with continual maintenance, time between each treatment can lengthen and the results can last longer.
Botox Cosmetic at The Kaplan Center in NY and NJ
We are available to answer any questions or concerns you may have about the Botox Cosmetic treatment. As a premier cosmetic surgery and aesthetic treatment facility in New York and New Jersey, we are well-prepared to serve your Botox Cosmetic needs. To learn more about a Botox Cosmetic treatment with The Kaplan Center or to request a consultation at our New York City or Edgewater, please call our office or Contact Us to discuss your options.
Plan Your Procedure
- Average Cost
- From $12