Brow Lift New Jersey
A brow lift is a surgical procedure that raises the brows to a more youthful position on the forehead. Dr Kaplan and his team at The Kaplan Center provide brow lifts for patients across New Jersey.
Rejuvenate your facial features with brow lift surgery
Most patients opting for brow lift surgery are between 40 and 50 years old. This is because our brow lines and eyelids begin to sag more noticeably as we age. At the same time, wrinkles or creases start to appear along the forehead.
A brow lift can be an effective way to refresh your appearance, reduce frown lines, and combat drooping eyelids. It is the most effective way to reverse the signs of aging in this region of the face.
At The Kaplan Center, board-certified plastic surgeon Dr Kaplan, and his team, offer specialized brow lift approaches for patients across New Jersey and New York to achieve natural results.
Book an appointment with Dr Kaplan by filling in a contact form to get started.
- Am I a good candidate for a brow lift?
- What types of brow lifts do we offer?
- What are the benefits of a brow lift?
- How to prepare for a brow lift
- What is the recovery process for a brow lift?
- How much does a brow lift cost in New Jersey?
- Book a consultation
- Brow Lift In NJ And NY At The Kaplan Center
I had a PDO eyebrow lift four weeks ago. I’m happy with the results. I’ve received compliments. The doctor and his staff are amazing. They explain the procedure and make you feel comfortable during the process.Review from Maria Torres
Am I a good candidate for a brow lift?
Good candidates for a brow lift (also known as an eyebrow lift or forehead lift) by Dr. Kaplan are individuals from NJ and NYC with a low, heavy brow or furrowed lines above the nose.
Ideal candidates will also:
- Have realistic expectations for results
- Not suffer from any eye-related medical issues
- Be in good health
- Be prepared to follow Dr. Kaplan’s recovery advice
What types of brow lifts do we offer?
Plastic surgeons have developed several different techniques for performing a brow lift. The choice of technique is determined on a case-by-case basis and each patient’s needs.
Dr. Kaplan will discuss this with you during your initial consultation, advising on the best approach to achieve your aims. Typically, the procedure takes about 2 hours to complete and may be done under general or local anesthesia (again, this will be discussed and explained in your consultation).
So, what types of brow lifts do we offer?
- Coronal brow lift: A coronal brow lift is done by making an incision in the scalp, behind the hairline, that extends from ear to ear. The forehead skin is then lifted over the incision, creating an overlap. The excess, overlapping forehead skin is removed, and the new scalp line is sewn together.
- Hairline brow lift (trichial): A hairline brow lift (trichial) can help patients with very high or receding hairlines. An incision is made between the forehead and the hairline, with excess skin removed from the forehead.
- Lateral brow lift: A lateral brow lift, also known as a temporal brow lift, is performed by making incisions near the temples. It is a valuable technique if only a portion of the eyebrow needs to be raised, as it alters the angle of the arch in the outer third of the brow and forehead.
- Endoscopic brow lift: For an endoscopic brow lift, 3-5 small incisions are made behind the hairline in the scalp. A small camera is inserted to view under the skin, and then a separate instrument is used to lift, move and attach the underlying tissue to a higher position. Endoscopic brow lifts avoid extensive scarring and preserve scalp sensation.
You can see the results of a lateral brow lift performed by Dr Kapln in the Instagram post below:
What are the benefits of a brow lift?
A brow lift procedure can restore a more youthful position of the brow, revitalizing your appearance and providing effective treatment for the following cosmetic concerns:
- Deep frown or squint lines
- Drooping eyebrows
- Angry or tired appearance
- Horizontal lines across the forehead
- Heavy upper eyelids
How to prepare for a brow lift
Before you decide on plastic surgery, you’ll book a no-obligation appointment with Dr Kaplan. In this session, Dr. Kaplan will discuss your goals for the surgery and ask about your medical history and any medication you take.
If you’re a suitable candidate, Dr. Kaplan will provide a tailored treatment and recovery plan.
As part of your preparation for the surgery, we’ll ask you to stop taking aspirin or anti-inflammatory medicines such as Aleve, Motrin, or Advil. We’ll provide you with a complete list of over-the-counter medications and supplements to avoid during your preoperative consultation.
It’s also recommended that you avoid alcohol consumption three days before your surgery to decrease fluid retention and swelling.
What is the recovery process for a brow lift?
After a brow lift procedure, you will experience swelling and bruising in the forehead, eye, and cheek areas. This is normal and will gradually fade over the next 1-2 weeks.
Your forehead and head will be loosely wrapped overnight to minimize bruising and swelling. You may also be given a prescription for pain medicine or antibiotics if needed by Dr. Kaplan, although most patients do not require much pain medicine after the first day or two. You will then be able to shower and shampoo your hair within two days or as soon as the bandage is removed.
Most patients return to work after a week, depending on their recovery and post-operation evaluation by Dr. Kaplan.
How much does a brow lift cost in New Jersey?
The cost of a brow lift in New Jersey can vary substantially based on several factors. The technique used, the use of local or general anesthesia, the facilities, and the surgical time, can all impact the price.
As such, and because every patient is different, all plastic surgery procedures offered by The Kaplan Center have a personalized approach. We invite you for a no-obligation consultation to determine a tailored treatment plan and pricing.
Why Choose Dr. Kaplan?
Dr. Kaplan is a board-certified plastic surgeon with 20+ years of experience. He specializes in facial rejuvenation, making him the perfect choice for your brow lift surgery.
Dr. Kaplan and his team of support staff have helped thousands of patients achieve their desired results. We offer flexible financing plans to suit your budget, including 0% and low-interest options.
Plus, we can serve patients across both states with offices in New Jersey and New York.
Schedule A Consultation
To learn more about a brow or forehead lift, please contact us.
Do I need a brow lift or eyelid surgery?
Many patients often wonder whether it is better to have a brow lift or eyelid surgery, also known as blepharoplasty. They are slightly different procedures that target separate issues.
Blepharoplasty focuses on the lower and upper eyelid, reducing the appearance of heavy eye bags or sagging eyelids. Meanwhile, a brow lift focuses on the brow, improving the appearance of wrinkles and frown lines on the forehead.
Therefore, the most suitable procedure for you will depend on your circumstances. Some patients decide to combine a brow lift with blepharoplasty to achieve complete facial rejuvenation.
How long does a brow lift last?
The results of a brow lift can last for around ten years, perhaps longer, with good skincare and a healthy lifestyle. However, the ongoing, gradual effects of aging cannot be entirely stopped and will impact your brow eventually.
Can a brow lift be combined with other treatments?
Yes, a brow lift can be combined with other plastic surgery procedures. As mentioned above, blepharoplasty is a popular choice as the two operations can revitalize the entire region around the eyes and forehead.
Facelifts are another common choice for combination surgery. A facelift is a good complement for a brow lift, as it refreshes the lower facial regions, such as the cheeks, nose, and mouth, whilst the brow lift concentrates on the upper areas.
Finally, many patients combine a brow lift with non-surgical treatments, like botox, fillers, and laser skin resurfacing, to boost and complement the results.
Is a brow lift worth the money?
The vast majority of past patients highly rate brow lift surgery. On RealSelf, 89% of patients describe the surgery as “worth it”.
Will there be any scars?
A brow lift will result in scarring, although the severity and position of the scars will depend on the technique used and the incisions made in the procedure.
Nonetheless, Dr. Kaplan is an experienced, skilled plastic surgeon. He’ll advise on scarring well before your surgery and explain how it can be minimized or hidden.
What should I look for in a brow lift surgeon near me?
Finding a local plastic surgeon you can trust to achieve your cosmetic goals is a hugely important part of the process. For a brow lift, we recommend:
- Looking for board-certified surgeons who specialize in brow and forehead lifts
- Asking for before and after photos of past patients
- Reading through patient reviews